Saturday, January 14, 2012

Save 24% Off: Healthy Starts Here: 140 Recipes That Will Make You Feel Great Review & Ratings

Healthy Starts Here: 140 Recipes That Will Make You Feel GreatAre you looking to buy Healthy Starts Here: 140 Recipes That Will Make You Feel Great? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Healthy Starts Here: 140 Recipes That Will Make You Feel Great. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Healthy Starts Here: 140 Recipes That Will Make You Feel Great Review

Every recipe I have made so far (five) from this cookbook were winners. I loved all of them and will make them again, something that is very rare for me. I am wary of "healthy" cookbooks because most of the time, they are a let-down when it comes to flavour. Boring. Not with this cookbook. Everything was tasty and flavourful. It is a cookbook I want to explore more and more.
My issue was not with the food but with the cookbook itself. Dividing it by food group and then into a seasonal subcategory made finding recipes quickly and easily impossible. As a result, you go from baking to cooking to baking... which just threw me off. Apparently, the author wanted to focus on super foods and divided the chapters up by ingredients to help you add more of them to your diet but that was not very clear to me when I first went through the book.
I love the introductions that Mairlyn writes for every recipe. She is such a character and I adored hearing about what she was trying to accomplish when she came up with a particular recipe. That said, her intro to the cookie recipe was four paragraphs long! Too much text. In a lot of the recipes we are told to wash our hands over and over again which fills the directions up with lots of text. For the stir fry recipe, for example, if the list of ingredients had told us how the vegetables and meat were to be prepared, there would have been less text in the directions making it easier for me to make the dinner and the recipe appear less daunting.
This cookbook needed a really good edit. It would have kept Mairlyn's voice and personality throughout the book but made it easier for the recipes to follow. The photographs are beautiful but many of them are not of the final dishes but of the ingredients themselves which I suppose makes sense because of how the book is divided. I personally would have preferred helpful photos showing the final dishes rather than see someone pick blackberries.
You know I have to absolutely love the recipes to give a cookbook 4/5 when there were this many issues with the layout and editing. I can forgive bad organization and too much text, I can't forgive bad recipes and so far, they have all been great.

Healthy Starts Here: 140 Recipes That Will Make You Feel Great Overview



Want to learn more information about Healthy Starts Here: 140 Recipes That Will Make You Feel Great?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment