
Are you looking to buy
Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer
discounts of up to 90% on
Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table Review
i was excited about purchasing Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table a collection of recipes by a local chef, but oh how disappointed I am. My husband loves granola for breakfast and as an on-the-go snack, so I decided to make the enticingly titled "living Rise and Shine Granola". I had difficulty finding all the ingredients but finally located everything except the buckwheat. It was not until I was part way through the recipe that I then discovered that not only were the ingredients obsure, but even with my gadget filled kitchen, I did not have the means to "flake" the cereals in the recipe or to grind the flax seeds. I was asked to bring a salad to a pot luck lunch, so the next recipe I tried was the chunky guacamole salad. Again, many unusual ingredients which took me a while to locate. The recipe indicated it made 4-6 servings--but it was only enough for 2-3, not nearly enough for the potluck. It did taste good though. The next recipe I tried was the Amphora chocolate cake. The cake itself was kind of dry, but the chocolate frosting was to die for! Next was the Veggie Loaf--same problem as the salad: the size was off. The recipe supposedly makes two loaf pans. There was only enough for one loaf pan. And it didn't taste that great. But I think today's fiasco does it for me with this book. I made the date and nut bars. Even when I was making it, I was concerned about the huge amount of butter relative to the dry ingredients, but foolishly decided to go with the recipe as written. The "pastry" is just a sticky runny mess. All I can assume is that the proofing/testing of the recipes in this book was poorly done. On this I should have been forewarned, because a recipe that appeared in the local paper with the review of the book also had a major flaw. It was for an apple-raspberry crisp and there was no flour listed for the topping. In summary, in my experience the ingredients in the recipes are often difficult to find (and I live in Monterey, California area where the chef also is located), the implements needed are not what every cook has in his/her kitchen, and the recipes as published have not been property tested.
Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table Overview
Want to learn more information about
Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment